CBS News Features Sen. Marshall’s In-Depth Investigation into COVID Origins
(Washington, D.C., March 13, 2023) – U.S. Senator Roger Marshall, M.D. appeared on CBS Mornings to discuss his ongoing investigation into the origins of COVID-19. You may click HERE or on the image below to watch Senator Marshall’s full interview. Senator Marshall released the following statement regarding the status of his investigation:
“We tragically lost Over 1.1 million Americans to the COVID-19 pandemic. We must get to the truth about how it started.
“Our ongoing investigation follows the money, including U.S. research grants passed through EcoHealth Alliance, a non-profit organization run by Peter Daszak, to Chinese researchers at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) before the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak. The evidence indicates that Peter Daszak may have simultaneously charged NIH and USAID for the same work, which would be fraud.
“The money trail reveals that EcoHealth Alliance paid for unsupervised gain-of-function research involving dangerous bat coronaviruses at the WIV which could have caused the COVID-19 pandemic. We must implement the following recommendations as soon as possible:
· The U.S. government should immediately place a moratorium on all gain-of-function research of concern.
· In light of today’s announcement about the USAID OIG investigation into EcoHealth Alliance, we will ask the FBI to add their extensive investigative resources to the USAID OIG investigative cadre and prioritize this investigation.
· Immediately suspend EcoHealth Alliance until the investigation is completed. In September 2022, we asked USAID to suspend its funding to EcoHealth Alliance and will renew our request for that suspension.
· USAID must be examined to determine if their infrastructure can adequately assess and oversee dangerous pathogen collection activities in foreign countries, particularly in China.
· Create a nonpartisan, 9/11-style commission to coordinate the multiple investigative efforts into the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic.”