Senator Marshall is proud to nominate qualified candidates from Kansas for our nation’s Military Academies. Each applicant must complete a thorough application and selection process, ensuring that the most qualified candidates are nominated to lead our service men and women.
Candidates who wish to apply for a nomination must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 17 years of age, but not older than 23 by July 1 of the year of admission
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be a Kansas Resident
- Be unmarried and have no legal obligation to support children or other dependents
Applying for a Nomination
As a student interested in attending one of the Service Academies, there are a few things you must do:
- Contact the Academy directly to open a pre-candidate file.
- Download the nomination application for Senator Marshall’s office. The following items will be required:
3 Letters of Recommendation
Official High School Transcript and College Transcripts (if applicable)
Official ACT or SAT Scores
- Email your completed application to Tyler_Mason@marshall.senate.gov OR mail a hard copy to the following address: Senator Roger Marshall, M.D. Attn: Academy Nominations, 204 South Santa Fe, Suite 1, Salina, KS 67401
- Please note: Applications must be submitted in full. The office will not accept partial applications.
In order to be considered for a nomination, all candidates must submit these materials by 5:00pm on September 1st, 2023. Please note this is NOT a postmark deadline, all application materials must arrive to the Salina office by September 1, 2023.
Please note: there are no congressional nominations to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. To obtain information or an application, contact them directly.
If you have any questions please contact Tyler Mason at 785-829-9000 or email Tyler_Mason@marshall.senate.gov.
Please contact academies directly to obtain catalogs and other specific information.