Sen. Marshall Discusses COVID Origins with Maria Bartiromo
(Washington, D.C., September 17, 2021) – U.S. Senator Roger Marshall, M.D. appeared on FOX Business this morning to discuss the Origins of COVID-19 with Maria Bartiromo. The Senator said in part,
“We did a timeline that takes us back to September of 2019 when Dr. Shi took a genetic lab bank offline, and that was the first part of the cover-up… What we need is all of Congress on multiple committees to take a deep dive into this. Why the Democrats don’t take this serious, I don’t know… There is a preponderance of evidence out there that would support this was leaked from a laboratory in Wuhan and most likely was made there as well. And, we just have to bring this to light – we have to have a whole world approach to it as well… We need the Ecohealth system – which was funded by Dr. Fauci and the NIH to show us their genetic sequences…”
You may click HERE or on the image below to watch the Senator’s interview.
Yesterday, Senator Marshall joined Senators Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) in sending a follow-up letter to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) demanding answers to questions that may shed light on data relating to the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic and NIH’s COVID-19 data retention policies. This push for answers comes amid reports that Chinese researchers requested some data be deleted from NIH-controlled databases. In part, the senators wrote “[o]n June 28, 2021, we wrote to you requesting answers to seven questions pertaining to the NIH’s role and responsibility with respect to the Sequence Read Archive (SRA) relating to COVID-19 data. On September 8, 2021, your office provided a response that failed to fully and completely answer all seven questions and failed to provide the requested records.”
Last week, Senator Marshall released a multi-step path forward on getting to the bottom of the origins of COVID-19 and holding China accountable for its actions surrounding the earliest days of the outbreak. While Senator Marshall’s 8-point path forward is below, you may click HERE for a more detailed version.
- President Biden and Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines Must Release all Classified Information Going Back to at Least September 2019.
- Investigate the Viral DNA Sequencing Map, including the release of the China WIV data stored at the NIH National library of Medicine as well as all genomes used by the NIH-funded Ecohealth Alliance
- Hold all Nominees for Agencies and Departments that have failed to Provide Grant Application Information for Funds Given to EcoHealth Alliance.
- Enhance Congressional Oversight and Bipartisan Investigations
- Immediate Moratorium of Gain-of-Function and Other Potentially Pandemic Pathogens Research
- Impose Sanctions and Immigration Restraints on China
- Fully Integrate National Security Agencies and the Department of Health and Human Services
- Pursue a New Global Health Treaty
Senator Marshall has been leading the fight in the Senate to get to the bottom of the origins of COVID-19. In fact, recently, he partnered with Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) to hold the first joint bipartisan Senate briefing on the origins of COVID-19 following the passage of their bipartisan resolution that calls for a transparent investigation into the outbreak of the virus. The bipartisan resolution also demands a full, transparent investigation to include the U.S. and its allies and partners around the world if China continues on its path of cover-up and obfuscation.
In August, Senator Marshall released a video walking viewers through a 3D timeline of the origins of COVID-19. You may click HERE or on the image below to watch the video.
You may click HERE or on the image below to view Senator Marshall’s COVID-19 origins timeline as an image.
In June, Senator Marshall wrote to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) demanding answers on possible COVID-19 infections of U.S. Army troops who participated in the 2019 World Military Games that took place in Wuhan, China from October 18-28, 2019. Following completion of the games, athletes from numerous participating countries reported experiencing symptoms similar to those associated with COVID-19.
Senator Marshall has penned several op-eds on COVID origins. You may click on the links below to view them:
- FOX News – April 7, 2020: China’s coronavirus reckoning – act now to end US dependency for drugs, medical supplies
- FOX News – May 22, 2020: WHO desperately needs reform – here’s how to protect global health now
- Washington Times – March 2, 2021: WHO must actually demonstrate independence from China
- FOX News – May 13, 2021:The COVID-19 mystery – we’ve lost 3 million lives and critical questions need answers
In January 2020, then Congressman Marshall was the first member of Congress to sound the alarm on the House floor about the spread of COVID-19. As a physician, he would later go on to serve on the frontlines as a volunteer treating patients in Wyandotte County and Seward County.
- Few heroes to be found in Washington amid coronavirus finger-pointing (Washington Times)…Rep. Roger Marshall, Kansas Republican and a medical doctor, five days later became the first to broach the virus on the House floor. He thought the information he heard coming out of China sounded fishy, and he wanted to sound the alarm…