Sen. Marshall Releases Path Forward on COVID Origins Investigation and Holding China Accountable
(Washington, D.C., September 9, 2021) – Today, ahead of the Senate returning to session next week, U.S. Senator Roger Marshall, M.D. released a multi-step path forward on getting to the bottom of the origins of COVID-19 and holding China accountable for its actions surrounding the earliest days of the outbreak. The plan comes on the heels of the release of an unclassified summary of President Joe Biden’s 90-day investigation into the virus’ origins that came up inconclusive and recent reports that revealed Dr. Anthony Fauci was dishonest with Congress about the use of taxpayer dollars that were used to support coronavirus research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
“There are many reasons why we need to get to the bottom of the origins of COVID-19. As a physician, I think we always need to know the what, where, how, and perhaps why whenever any infectious disease outbreak occurs in order to prevent or minimize future infections and to develop future vaccines as well as cures. If it was leaked from a lab, we can learn what can be done to prevent future leaks. And if it was made in a lab, that would inform Congress to establish additional guardrails on gain-of-function research to make sure nothing like this ever happens again,” said Senator Marshall. “It’s outrageous that a comprehensive global investigation on the origins of COVID-19 has still not been carried out, which is why this plan is so desperately needed. We must do everything possible to get to the bottom of the origins of COVID-19 and deliver the message that the Chinese must show us the data and be transparent with the world. If China continues to obfuscate and prevent this investigation from happening, we can’t take no for an answer. It would be utterly irresponsible to suffer through the worst pandemic in a century and not have the origins fully investigated.”
Sen. Marshall’s Path Forward on COVID-19 Origins Investigation
*NOTE: While the 8-point path forward is below, you may click HERE for a more detailed version.
- President Biden and Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines Must Release all Classified Information Going Back to at Least September 2019.
- Investigate the Viral DNA Sequencing Map, including the release of the China WIV data stored at the NIH National library of Medicine as well as all genomes used by the NIH-funded Ecohealth Alliance
- Hold all Nominees for Agencies and Departments that have failed to Provide Grant Application Information for Funds Given to EcoHealth Alliance.
- Enhance Congressional Oversight and Bipartisan Investigations
- Immediate Moratorium of Gain-of-Function and Other Potentially Pandemic Pathogens Research
- Impose Sanctions and Immigration Restraints on China
- Fully Integrate National Security Agencies and the Department of Health and Human Services
- Pursue a New Global Health Treaty
Senator Marshall has been leading the fight in the Senate to get to the bottom of the origins of COVID-19. In fact, recently, he partnered with Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) to hold the first joint bipartisan Senate briefing on the origins of COVID-19 following the passage of their bipartisan resolution that calls for a transparent investigation into the outbreak of the virus. The bipartisan resolution also demands a full, transparent investigation to include the U.S. and its allies and partners around the world if China continues on its path of cover-up and obfuscation.
Just last week, Senator Marshall released a video walking viewers through a 3D timeline of the origins of COVID-19. You may click HERE or on the image below to watch the video.
You may click HERE or on the image below to view Senator Marshall’s COVID-19 origins timeline as an image.
In June, Senator Marshall wrote to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) demanding answers on possible COVID-19 infections of U.S. Army troops who participated in the 2019 World Military Games that took place in Wuhan, China from October 18-28, 2019. Following completion of the games, athletes from numerous participating countries reported experiencing symptoms similar to those associated with COVID-19.
Senator Marshall has penned several op-eds on COVID origins. You may click on the links below to view them:
- FOX News – April 7, 2020: China’s coronavirus reckoning – act now to end US dependency for drugs, medical supplies
- FOX News – May 22, 2020: WHO desperately needs reform – here’s how to protect global health now
- Washington Times – March 2, 2021: WHO must actually demonstrate independence from China
- FOX News – May 13, 2021:The COVID-19 mystery – we’ve lost 3 million lives and critical questions need answers
In January 2020, then-Congressman Marshall was the first member of Congress to sound the alarm on the House floor about the spread of COVID-19. As a physician, he would later go on to serve on the frontlines as a volunteer treating patients in Wyandotte County and Seward County.
- Few heroes to be found in Washington amid coronavirus finger-pointing (Washington Times)…Rep. Roger Marshall, Kansas Republican and a medical doctor, five days later became the first to broach the virus on the House floor. He thought the information he heard coming out of China sounded fishy, and he wanted to sound the alarm…