Sen. Marshall Votes Against $1.7 Trillion Wasteful, Inflationary Spending Package
(Washington, D.C., December 22, 2022) – U.S. Senator Roger Marshall, M.D. appeared on FOX Business earlier today to discuss voting against the $1.7 trillion wasteful, inflationary spending package that just passed the U.S. Senate. While you may click HERE or on the image below to watch his interview, Senator Marshall said in part,
“We are going to borrow another trillion dollars from our grandchildren. The number one driver of inflation in our country right now is our national debt and now legislation that is going to borrow another $1.7 trillion. America is going to continue to print this money, the feds can keep raising interest rates but they are just a tiger chasing its tail… I’d be very willing to stay here through Christmas to balance a federal budget… We’ve done everything we can to slow this down. Inflation is going to continue…”
Among the wasteful provisions in the $1.7 trillion spending package are:
- $47 billion deficit spending to fund the war in Ukraine
- $3.2 billion to continue processing and releasing illegal migrants at a faster pace and larger scale.
- $800 million for grants for liberal cities like New York, Washington, D.C., and Chicago to receive illegal aliens.
- $1.6 million for the Leahy Center in Vermont, named after Sen. Patrick Leahy, the member who requested the earmark.
- $750,000 for “LGBT and Gender Non-Conforming housing” in Albany, New York.
- $750,000 for the “TransLatin@ Coalition” to provide “workforce development programs and supportive services for Transgender and Gender nonconforming and Intersex (TGI) immigrant women in Los Angeles.”
- $3.6 million for a Michelle Obama Trail in Georgia.
- $1.7 billion for ATF to enforce regulations that will take away Americans 2nd Amendment rights.
- $83 billion total emergency appropriations that are also not paid for with spending offsets in the regular budget
- $2 billion in defense funding for clean energy investments
- $3 million for the American LGBTQ+ Museum in New York City
- $2.3 million to encourage student loan holders to enroll in the Biden administration’s illegal loan cancellation scheme
- $370 billion on Green New Deal style handouts to “green” industries
- $1.2 million for “LGBTQIA+ Pride Centers”
- $1.2 million for “support services for DACA recipients” at San Diego Community College
- $1 million for Zora’s House in Ohio, a “coworking and community space” for “women and gender-expansive people of color.”
- $1.5 million for the COVID-19 American History Project
- $3.5 million to fund the Office of Diversity and Inclusion in Congress.
- $1.5 billion in taxpayer funding for something called the Advanced Research Projects Agency – Health (ARPA-H).
- Designates a “Ukrainian Independence Park” in Washington, D.C.
- An extra $212.1 million to the DOJ to further prosecutions J6 defendants and investigate and charge hundreds more.
- $410 million to “remain available” to reimburse Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Tunisia and Oman for “enhanced border security.” At least $150 million of that must go to Jordan, according to the bill.
- $575 million in a global health section allocated for “family planning/reproductive health, including in areas where population growth threatens biodiversity or endangered species.”