Sen. Marshall Votes Against Extreme Abortion on Demand Bill
“Dems’ Abortion Bill ‘Egregious Attack’ on Unborn”
(Washington, D.C., May 11, 2022) – Today, U.S. Senator Roger Marshall, M.D. voted against a dangerous pro-abortion measure that attacks the lives of unborn children and jeopardizes the health of mothers. Prior to the vote, Senator Marshall – an OBGYN responsible for delivering more than 5,000 babies – summarized the radical abortion policies contained in this bill on the Senate floor saying in part,
“This bill is the most egregious, horrific attack on the lives of unborn children and the health of moms in American history,” Senator Marshall said. “If Democrats had their way, these babies that we delivered over a decade ago could have been aborted the moment prior to this c-section. While the overturning of Roe vs Wade simply returns this emotional issue to the states, to the elected voice of the people, this bill would invalidate any and all state laws that protect the unborn child and the health and well-being of the mom.”
You may click HERE or on the image below to watch Senator Marshall’s full remarks.
Additionally, Senator Marshall was on Newsmax earlier today to speak out against the extreme abortion on demand bill. You may click HERE or on the image below to watch Senator Marshall’s full interview.
Background on Abortion on Demand Until Birth Act:
- Invalidates any and all state laws that protect the unborn child and health and well-being of the mom
- Funds abortions in the United States and foreign countries with American tax payer dollars
- Likely forces hospitals and health care providers to perform abortions despite possible moral or religious objections
- Eliminates surgery center health safety standards, meaning abortion services can be provided in a garage or back room of an apartment
- Removes restrictions on telehealth abortions, which will make dangerous chemical abortions more common